It all seems like a dream to me . . .
It started off like a normal Friday morning. I woke up at 7am on July 24, 2009 . . . to give my hubby a kiss as he headed out of the door for work that morning. I lounged in bed for a few more minutes (checked out the Today Show, checked my email, updated my Facebook status, called my mom (aka, My Morning "Glory"), then got up to let Kobe go out to "tee-tee". I then called my Sister-in-Law, Kendra, to wish her a very happy 24th birthday and safe travels on the trip to Charleston for the weekend. I jumped into the shower, got dressed, did my hair and make-up (the normal drill), responded to some work email, and then scooped Kobe (our 10 month old Yorkshire Terrier) up and we headed out the door. I dropped Kobe off at Petsmart to be groomed, made a quick pit-stop to Smoothie King and then I was headed to the Northside for my 10:30am appointment with the Perinatal Doc for a 23rd wk sonogram. On the way to my appt, I received a text msg from Kendrick (my hubby, aka "K") letting me know that he was going to meet me at the Dr's office for the appt. That made me happy . . .
Along the drive to the Dr's appointment, I couldn't help but think that something wasn't going to go as anticipated on that particular day. I was thinking that it was due to me slightly changing my normal "Dr's Appointment Routine" a bit by taking Kobe to the groomer and stopping @ Smoothie King along the way. I know, that's just plain crazy/superstitious . . . but that's what I thought.
Anyway, when I arrived at Northside Hospital for my appointment, I sent K a text to let him know that I was there. I signed in for the appointment, then walked over to the gift shop to see what kind of goodies they had to offer expectant mothers. When I walked back into the office, they called me back for my sonogram. I called K to let him know which room I'd be in and proceeded along my merry way . . . feeling great and looking even better! ;o)
As soon as I got in the room and got situated on the table, Kendrick walked in and we began the sonogram (looking at the baby, taking lots of pictures). I did notice that the nurse, this time, was a little more quiet that previous nurses (although I had never met her, she just wasn't walking us through all of the pics as much as the other nurses had previously). She did say that our baby was in a breech position, so I immediately began worrying about that (I get that from my Mom) . . . thinking that I'd have to have a C-Section. After she finished, she said that she was going to get the Dr so he could review the pics with us (that's the normal protocol). So, all seemed fine . . .
A half-hour later, in comes the Doctor, apologizing for his tardiness. He explained, "I was getting in touch with Dr. McDaniel. We discussed your ultrasound pics and have decided to admit you. Your cervix is wide open. You have already dilated 3 cm. We have a wheelchair coming to take you to your room." OMG! Kendrick and looked at each other in disbelief! How could this have happened?!?!?! I had been feeling so good!!!
Needless to say, within 30 minutes I was admitted and laying in bed in my new domicile. Life as we knew it had officially and abruptly changed . . . (On a side note . . . luckily, I had recently been coiffed and pedicured.)
My little feelings are/were hurt, but we will do whatever it takes to have a healthy, happy, bouncing, baby boy . . . Kaidyn Thaddeus Snipe (DOB: TBD).
So here I lay, on bed rest, "Until Kaidyn Come". . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tiffany take care of yourself. Remember I want to baby sit when I am home in the summer. Sharon
ReplyDeleteReally cute! Keep blogging. Hopefully you will be blogging for a few more months. We all are anxious to meet Kaidyn but are will to wait until he is finished baking. Love you. We wish you that GOD gives you, Kendrick, and Kaidyn the strength to accept all the things that he has planned for you. Love Always, Kelli and Frank
ReplyDeleteI love this idea!!!!! And I love your tenacious and faithful attitude cuz....Luv ya! Tawana
ReplyDeleteTiffany--
ReplyDeleteMonique told of the blog and I love it. Stay strong and Kaidyn will arrive in God's time. Keep me posted?!?!?
This a great time to take up a hobby.
Tiffany, your strength and attitude amaze me! May God richly bless and keep Kaidyn Thaddeus warm and content where he is for as long as necessary! I am so glad that you and Kendrick have each other. Love, Nicole
ReplyDeleteTiffany I am glad that you made it. You and the baby and your hubby are in my prayers. God will take care of you. Hang in there. I am going to try to come and see you before I leave on the 15th.
ReplyDeleteMy Dear Sweet Daughter,
ReplyDeleteThis is my 2nd comment, so hopefully this one appears.
Be strong, listen to your physicians since they are the specialists & just take it easy. God is watching over you & Kaidyn.Try to turn the phone off sometime during the day & just get some rest.Keep up the blog. It's great. You may have found your 2nd career.
LOL,
Mommy